Of note, The World Bank Group’s Early Learning Partnership (ELP) is launching the Africa Early Years Fellowship to recruit a cadre of young African professionals to support governments and World Bank teams to scale up investments in the early years.
Fellows will receive ongoing training and work experience across relevant sectors, including education, health, nutrition and social protection. The Fellowship will include a brief orientation at the World Bank’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., and fellows will also benefit from ongoing professional development and mentoring from WBG staff. Fellows will be based in select countries in Africa, with the expectation that Fellows continue working in-country after the Fellowship conclusion.
Specific duties may include:
- Support World Bank teams to design or implement operations in ECD/early learning or a related field
- Support country and core teams in activities associated with the World Bank’s Investing in the Early Years initiative
- Support countries’ early learning research agenda associated with the World Bank’s Early Learning Systems Research Program
- Contribute to analytical work in ECD/early learning or related fields
- Coordinate initiatives to strengthen the capacity of local academic institutions in early learning and ECD